The company Glatter-Götz Organ Builders has been founded 1993 in Owingen, Germany, by Caspar Glatter-Götz and Heinz Kremnitzer. In 2005, Stefan Stürzer became Managing Director of the company.
After a few years in Owingen, the workshop moved in 2010 to Pfullendorf. The new production hall is equipped with modern machines and latest technology and provides ample space to realize even large instruments.
At Glatter-Götz Organ Builders, pipe organs are manufactured to meet the highest standards of craftmanship and musical artistry. Internationally renowned instruments has been realized in USA, Russia and other countries, among them the organ for the Walt Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles and for the Bolshoi Theatre in Moscow. Read more
Glatter-Götz Orgelbau is pleased to announce a significant new pipe organ for Trinity Church Wall Street, New York City, designed and voiced in collaboration with Manuel Rosales of Los Angeles. Of the organ’s 113 individual stops, 85 will be in the rear gallery, the greater part organized as Great, Swell, Choir, Solo and Pedal departments behind Richard Upjohn’s 1846 gallery case-front. Joining these is a 10-stop Rückpositiv at the gallery rail, itself being restored to the 1846 configuration, reversing minor changes from 1970. In the chancel, 24 stops will be placed in the existing chamber, as Great, Swell and a doubly-enclosed Solo, with a speaking facade. The opposite case, built in 1901 for visual symmetry and not intended to contain musical material, will now house a four-stop Positive with an 8ft Principal en façade.Read More
For the famous Bolshoi Theatre in Moscow we built a new organ in 2013 The instrument is located unvisible in the stage area and is used for the opera- and ballet repertoire as well as for solo performances. All pipework is enclosed in two chambers, thus allowing for a wide range of dynamic effects. The instrument can be played from the organ gallery or with the remote console in the orchestra pit.Read More
In October 2011 the inauguration of the new organ for the Remter of the Magdeburg Chathedral took place. In October 2011 the inauguration of the new organ for the Remter of the Magdeburg Chathedral took place. This instrument, located in the junction of two chapels of the Cathedral (Remter), has two façades with a Principal 8’ for each or them. Contrary to the large symphonic instrument in the nave, this organ is design in a neoclassical style with purely mechanical stop- and keyaction and tuned in unequal temperament (Neidhardt 3, ‘für eine große Stadt’).Read More